Malaysia Residence Pass – Talent (RP-T)

Home Malaysia Residence Pass – Talent (RP-T)

Malaysia Residence Pass – Talent (RP-T)

The Residence Pass – Talent (RP-T) is a 10-year multiple entry visa which is employer-independent, targeting top foreign talents in NKEA sectors. If you are a high-achieving individual with the capacity to drive business results that contribute towards Malaysia’s economic transformation then you may apply for the RP-T.

Among the benefits include:

  • The holder will be allowed to stay and work in Malaysia for 10 years (with an option to renew).
  • The holder’s spouse and children below 18 years old will also be given the Residence Pass. The spouse will also be able to work in Malaysia.
  • The RP-T is personal to holder.
  • Dependents over 18-years old, parents and parents-in-law would be eligible for a 5-year Social Visit Pass.

To qualify for the RP-T, applicants must meet the following criteria:

  • Have worked in Malaysia for 3 years.
  • Hold a valid Employment Pass at the time of application. (Employed)
  • Hold a PhD/Master’s/Degree or Diploma in any discipline from a recognised university or a professional/competency certificate from a recognised professional institute.
  • Possess 5 years of total work experience.
  • Earn a gross taxable income of RM144,000 per annum.
  • Have an income tax file number in Malaysia and have paid income tax for at least 2 years.

Supporting Documents required is as follows:

RP-T – Main Applicant

RP-T – Main Applicant

  1. Copy of passport (all pages)
  2. Updated Resume
  3. Copy of Educational certificates*
  4. Passport size photo with blue background (3 pieces)
  5. Copy of Employment Contract
  6. Copy of latest 2 year’s Tax declaration slip & EA Form
  7. Copy of latest 3 month’s salary slip
  8. No Objection Letter from current employer (must be in Bahasa Melayu)
  9. Copy of Local Contact Person’s NRIC (MYKAD) – front and back
  10. Testimonials
  11. Other supporting documents i.e Recommendations from Regulatory Agencies

Dependants (if any) – spouse, children or legal-adopted children under 18 years of age.

  1. Copy of passport (all pages)
  2. Certified True Copy (CTC) of marriage/birth certificates by respective Embassy in Malaysia*
  3. Passport size photo with blue background (3 pieces)
  4. Other supporting documents (if any)

Social Visit Pass holder (SVP) (if any) – parents, parents in law, common law spouse, children above 18 years of age

  1. Copy of passport (all pages)
  2. Certified True Copy (CTC) of RP-T applicant’s birth certificate (if SVP is applicant’s parents) /

Spouse’s birth certificate (if SVP is applicant’s parents in law) / Letter of Confirmation on the relationship status issued by the embassy*

  1. Passport size photo with blue background (3 pieces)
  2. Personal Bond
  3. Immigration Form – IMM16
  4. Immigration Form – IMM12
  5. Other supporting documents (if any)

Documents marked * must be in English translation.
Disclaimer: If required, we will request additional documents not listed above.

Would you like to know more about Malaysia Residence Pass – Talent (RP-T)?

At NusaSV, We ensure that the right services accompany your solution so your employee’s can prosper in their employment.